Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Number 9, Number 9, Number 9....

Brew Date: 3/31/11

Another outstanding recipe, according to my notes.

8 lb 2-row
1-1/2 lb flaked barley
1-1/2 lb roasted barley (alt to wheat)
1/4 lb flake rye

2 oz Kent Golding

Safale us-05

60 minute boil, disperse hops continuously.

The flaked rye and barley are supposed to give good head retention.  No pics, just outstanding although if this were my performance review it would be just "Very Good".

4/25/12

Update: While reviewing my notes I found that this is my Guinness clone. I had even used a 2 oz of grain spoiled in 24oz of Guinness for the classic taste. It really worked, according to memory. The only thing that separated this from a Guinness was that I have no way to nitrogen-ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment