Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Brew #7 Rye IPA

March 6th, 2011

Rye is a continuing theme. This batch is another keeper.

10 lb 2-row
1 lb crystal briess caramel
1 lb rye

1 oz Gelena
1 oz Sterling
1 oz Cascade

Notice that I mashed in a 5 gal bucket this time. Mashing in the boiling pot causes issues because the wort needs to go into the pot occupied by the mash. I have since come up with even different methods and will share them later. The Sparge-O-Matic isn't so 'matic, more like manual. I am working a better method here as well. The main difficulty here is the 5 gal limit boiling pot, it would be better to have a 7 gal, on the kitchen stove. Ideally, I would work on a 15 gal keg system and I keep dreaming.

Sparge-O-Manuel:

Rinse

Press

No comments:

Post a Comment