Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Corona Facsimile Lucky No 13

Brew Date: 10/16/2011

Things go in cycles so it was time once again to try another shot at Corona. This time the low budget version.

10 lb 2-row
2 lb flaked maze
1/2 lb Briess caramel

1 oz Tettnang
1 oz SAAZ

Safale S-04

Mashed 1hr & 10 min, one hour boil, added hops in thirds at 15, 30, 45 minutes.

Comments: Everyone who tried it loved it, even did the lime thing. Next time, scale back the corn, I don't get the corn thing.


The Magic Sparging Hand
5 Gallons of Happiness
 Anyone notice the kitchen improvements under way?

Pool Table To Go With Drinking Night
Or is that beer to go with pool night?

Updated Update

Batch #12 pics Follow:

Rye IPA #12

Typical 12,2,1/4 with Kent and Cascade. Made 8 gallons and it was awesome.

And, I received a new mash tun. I helped a guy move and said "do you need these?". I said "are you for real?".

One Man's Juice Box Is Another's Mash Tun

When I See An Igloo Cooler I Think "Oh, You Brew Too?"

No comments:

Post a Comment