Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bottling Day #15

Bottling doesn't get too much attention because it is a chore. To make things easier, try to use as many 24 oz bottles as you can. One of the first things that you need to have before you brew is a container to put your final product in. I am aiming for a keg system but until that materializes, I am stuck with bottles.

Another consideration with bottles: rinse then soon after emptying them. It is a lot easier to wash clean ones. There is a gadget, which I still need to get, that attaches to the kitchen faucet to make rinsing much easier. Another thing: I don't use the sanitizer, just soap and lots of water, and I go for the high hops. If the early Colonizer's beer survived the trip to India, then mine will last two weeks in a bottle.

30 Bottles, Mostly 24 OZ

Siphon With Bottling Wand

27 Bottles, Should Last 2 Pool Nights

One of the Last #14's

2 comments:

  1. Do you wash and re-use the caps or purchase them separately? Thanks.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not reuse caps. They cost~ $5 per gross.

    ReplyDelete