Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blonde #16 Bud-Lite

Why on God's green Earth would I try to brew Bud-Lite?

Observation: The recipe cost $17 for the real parts and $7 for the fake parts.

Real Parts:
5 lbs 2-row

1 oz Hallertau (sub for Saaz that was sold out)
Saflager w-34/70

Fake Parts:
2lb-10 oz Minute Rice
14 oz box Cap'n Crunch (Corn substitute)

I mashed on the stove top and I think it is too much work. I will go back to the mash tun and pay more attention to the water draw. The rice did not appear to convert as much as the cereal. The cereal completely dissolved. I am wondering what happened to all the cereal ingredients like thiamin mononitrate and riboflaven? Was it the crusty stuff that precipitated and hardened on the foamy scum ring? No, I think that was the Yellow #5 and the Yellow #6.

This beer and no color at all except that it is blonde. Very blonde. Goes with the target audience. Girls. Oh no, now I am going to be called a sexist.

Next time I try a silly experiment with rice, I will use puffed rice to get the same 100 percent conversion. Can't say what this is going to do to the taste, or even if the carbohydrates get converted to fermentable sugars or not.

The moral of the story is that Bud-Lite brewed at my house has Cap'n Crunch in it. It is children's beer.
This Is What The Recipe Calls For

Oh Man, I Screwed Up

Where's the Cap'n?

Meticulous Record Keeping

For Blonde's Only

No comments:

Post a Comment