Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Uncle Jim's New Mash Tun

It all started about ~1987 when Uncle Pete started home brewing. Then a couple of decades later I started brewing  in 2010. Uncle Jim tasted and said, "It is Good" and so he started in 2011. Uncle Jim won't do anything without the best equipment though. Last August he acquired a soda keg system with 2 kegs and a CO2 tank. Then he got a 10 gallon mash tun with false bottom. Oh, and then he made a wort chiller. Below are some pics of Uncle Jim's new toy.


Uncle Jim will be sharing his recipes, methods, success stories and best of all, how not to brew. I have made some small mistakes but I have never dumped a batch, excepting the Horse Grain #2. That was a learning exercise.

I. Need. One.

I am not jealous, I am happy for Uncle Jim.

False Bottom



False Bottom
   
Little Juice Box Behind Big Juice Box
 

I Need One Of These

No comments:

Post a Comment