Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

File Under Things That Should Be Outlawed

I want to know the communist infiltrator who thought it was a good idea to put finger jointed brick molding on exterior doors. 


Like I don't have better things to do than to have to change this every 7 years. 

Then you go to the lumber yard and all you can find is the same crap and plastic stuff that doesn't match the existing surround. 

Solution: get a 2 x 4 of treated clear southern yellow pine and make my molding. It just takes a couple of passes on the table saw and some light sanding. 


Now all I have to do is get the crappy stuff off without wrecking the jamb.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you live in an area of the country that you can get a few years wear out of wood. Here, it lasts about two years; and our undocumented immigrant termites have taken a liking to treated lumber as well. And, believe it or not, I heard they like dade county pine - that's pretty hard stuff. hope all is well. Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carl,

      I expect to be down again toward the end of June.

      Steve

      Delete