Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Trail Magic


We live close enough to the Appalachian Trail so we set out to make some hikers' day. 
So Lee, Tess, and I headed to a spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway to do some trail magic. 


Wifey posted the menu items over here.
We set up camp in a nice shady spot.


Here is view from our spot.

Now all we need are some customers. 
This is Indy, take 1, notice the folks in the background. they were out for a stroll with their cat Precious.

 
This is take 2 of Indy and I didn't want to delete the pic. still working on my phone app blog-fu.

 

We had a nice chat with David Horton. He set the record on the AT and the PCT for time. He is an ultra runner and was out on the trail for the day after having a knee replacement just two weeks ago.

A mother and son couple passed thru heading south. I had a hunch they were Korean so I asked and they were. I confessed to them that I am big K drama fan. It gave us something to chat about as they enjoyed a Mountain Dew. Wifey got a big kick out of it. To bad I didn't get their pic.

Here are Wings from Indiana and Gofar from Fargo, ND. Talk about high energy, these guys are ripping up the trail but we managed to slow them down for an hour or so. 


This is Just Smiling Bob from northern Virginia.He was stressing about re-suppling, so we extended his time by one meal.


This is Stark from Columbus Ohio.Stark is an English major, just back from being abroad. I didn't tell him this on the trail, but if I saw him again I would say to him 'those who can't do, teach, those who can't teach, hike the A.T.'. I'm sure he woulda got a kick out of it.


We'll this sums up our day. It was a beautiful weather and we made some hikers very happy and very full. 





No comments:

Post a Comment