Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dumb kid wrecking my car

I go to the tire store to have new tires put on wifey's car. I specifically ask the counter guy 'you guys know how to drive VW's, right?' He says yeah sure. 

So I am standing outside because I hate the airconditioning on such beautiful days.  



I see this kid walk up to the car and he is just there staring at it likes he's never seen a German car before. He starts it up and immediately stalls. 

I figure it's time for some intervention or the cars gonna get towed home because this dude was wrecking my clutch and parking brake in one shot.

I walk up to the car and the kid says can I help you? I say do you know how to drive this car? It was a rhetorical question because it was obvious he couldn't. 

I said first you have to release the electronic parking brake. He is saying this is all so new to me. I said Step on the clutch and brake and push the button on the dash. So he did. 

Then I told him how to get reverse. Push down on the shift and move toward first. 
After long moments of hesitation the kid eases off the clutch. He eventually managed to back up the car. 

I figured this would happen and I normally leave a note in the car explaining  German engineering. Good thing I wasn't temped to walk over to the burger joint, or I woulda been walking home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment