Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Batch Number 30

Brew Date: 3/22/2014

Today I had to go over to Roanoke on a mission and I happened to be in the neighborhood of the brew store. So I stopped in and picked up some supplies. Based on the last batch and some new equipment, I am starting to brew in six gallon batches. If I could find larger Better Bottles I would adjust accordingly.

So this is an early birthday present to myself.


6 Gal Better Bottle


This recipe was made up on the spot. I am thinking Breakfast Stout.

12lb Two Row
1lb Carafa 1000L
1lb Choc Wheat 1000L
3/4lb Caramel 20L

1oz Kent Golding
1oz Amarillo
1oz Tettnag

US05 dry yeast

My impromptu brewing schedule is causing us to share the kitchen. She gets to occupy a small corner of the counter while I hog the stove.

Thai Coconut Chicken
  
#29 is shaping up well. Still a bit early to start drinking but early indications are positive.


3/30/2014

Update: The 6 gal Better Bottle provides the head room for the allowing the full 5 gallon transferal to the secondary.

No comments:

Post a Comment