Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

All That Work For This?


Daughter #4 has a new used car and it came with radio / 6 CD changer. But, a disc was jammed in it so the CD changer is of no use to her. She took the radio out the other day after I told her how to do it, however, she wasn't up to disassembling the radio to find the real problem. Today was a somewhat lazy afternoon so I figured I would try my hand at it.

6 CD Changer
Except for losing a couple of screws, no parts were broken while taking this unit apart. Somewhere there is a village in Mexico where there is a person who knows how to put this thing back together. Without the encyclopedic sized assembly procedure, I don't think it's possible.

So I found two CD's in the changer and I retrieved them relatively unmolested. Then I put them in my computer to give them a listen. After a couple of seconds per track I couldn't find anything that was listen-able. In fact, after the brief assault on my senses, I felt dirty, like I need a shower to wash the filth off.

Two Hip Hop CD's

Some people thrive on this kind of noise but I can't understand it. Will probably use these two as coasters.

On a positive note, D4 will be getting a new car radio at some time in the near future. She wants one she can plug an ipod into. I like the kind with the usb port. To me the usb port is more versatile. Will keep you posted.

Porter #28

And on a further high note, No 28 is turned out spectacular. A very distinct roasted malt flavor, not too bitter, perfect balance of hops and a nice molasses finish. I gave this recipe to a friend and need to tell him to make it.






2 comments:

  1. Hey, Mr. D! I've finally got around to posting my review of your porter. I was a great fan of it. If you're interested, here's the link: http://matteroftastes.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/beer-review-porter-homebrew/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting collection of articles; enjoy the interwoven sarcasm. Thanks for turning me on to your site; I will be an occasional visitor to check the progress of your various brews and other incidentals.

    ReplyDelete