Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Roo Pads

Re-soldered Post
 The horn is around 15 years old and it finally hit the ground. This post was bent half way off so I soldered it back. I cut the little dots off with a razor blade so there are two little shiney dots to mark the spot. I also buffed out some of the tarnish.

In Order Ready to Measure
I lined all the keys up in order they appear on the horn. The side keys might not be in perfect position but that doesn't  matter. I just wanted to get the measurements in roughly the correct order, for future reference.

Roo White Pads

I decided I would try these new Roo Pads. They went in fairly easily and not too many required shims.
The horn is back together and plays well although low B and Bb still need to be floated in.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete