Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bottling Day #20

Novelty Glass

Once again, I am waiting on the yeast to do its thing. In the meantime I am trying this Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. The glass is a gift that I received from my SIL for Christmas. Thanks, it keeps beer colder than a normal glass. A couple of weeks back I saw the ale on a top 12 of the year list so when I was at the store with wifey I picked up a pack. The head is creamy and frothy and the taste has the perfect balance of hops and malt. Too bad it is a seasonal thing. 

Clear Glass Bottles
I am testing out using some clear bottles because I am interested to see how long it takes for the yeast to settle down. Will take some pics as some time passes. Because I used some spay malt in this batch to boost the ABV, fermentation is taking longer longer than my strict 3 week schedule demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment