Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Friday, May 8, 2015

IPA #34

Brew date 5/8/15

I figure it's time for a IPA so I dropped by the shop and picked up some supplies. 

As usual I start with 10 lbs of two row, but I did switch it up a bit. Instead of grabbing the garden variety, I picked up this one:



I'm told it has a tad bit of body to it. Next I grabbed 4 oz of biscuit for the rest of the body. Just a hint. 


And then for some color, 2 oz of chocolate wheat:



Two oz of hops:


And the std us#5 yeast. 

Should be ready in 4 weeks. 

Here's a pic of Uncle Jim's mash tun:


6 glorious gallons. The mash tun is big enough and the boiling pot is big enough and a 6 gallon Carboy just makes it easier to end up with more than five gallons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment