Dedicated to making homemade beer using Wifey's pots and pans.

Friday, August 15, 2014

This Settles It

Not flying through Atlanta anymore.


When the trains go down, people end up getted mobbed in the tunnel that runs between the concourses.



Probably going to miss my connection. 

Update: I made the connection but if I had been 5 minutes later in arriving to the gate, I might have been waiting for the next flight. 

Traveling is no longer enjoyable. I got up at 6:00AM to give myself plenty of time to navigate the crazy roads in Tampa. I get on the plane for an on-time departure at 9:45. The plane starts taxiing when an electrical problem sends us back to the gate. The part had to be flown in from Atlanta, so 3 1/2 hours later we board the plane. 

When I landed in Atlanta, the trains were out of service. I arrived at the Terminal and had to get to concouse D. The pics above are at the mid way point. 

Here is the annoying part about humanity: people starting running down the moving sidewalks in the wrong direction only to be pushed back by waves of oncoming foot traffic. 

People are too stupid to allow room for the counter flow of traffic. 

As I closed in on my destination, I experienced the same scenario where I had to push trough waves of on-coming traffic. Fortunately, only at a fraction of the volume. 

What are we teaching people in our schools and in our media? Can't people be civil and learn to stay right and to allow room for oncoming traffic. 

Today I was thinking, this is what the first hour of the apocalypse will be like. Total mob hysteria. 

2 comments:

  1. Boobie The Rocket DogAugust 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM

    ... and, double your pleasure: If you wind up sitting or standing in the same place for any length of time, you're forced to watch CNN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I had a job for two years working as a trainer traveling all over the U.S.; mostly west coast travel. It was great for awhile, but the jet lag, time change, sleeping in different hotel beds, etc. took its tool. Once you get to be a certain age, traveling for work doesn't have the same appeal.

    ReplyDelete